We don’t realize that most of the time, when we think we know something, we actually understand very little.
This is where education can help. Often, mindfulness is the beginning of our enlightenment and our path to freedom. In trading, this can come through the help of trading psychology books, courses or free online content.
The great thing about pretty much any line of work is that usually someone has gone ahead of us and made the mistakes.
Not only did they make the mistakes, but many documented their mistakes. And in this day and age, we have information on the fingertips. So why not take advantage of it?
Here is a list of some of the best trading psychology books we recommend:
- The Psychology of Trading – Brett Steenbarger
- The Daily Trading Coach – Brett Steenbarger
- Trading in the Zone – Mark Douglas
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience – Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Market Wizards – Jack Schwager
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator – Edwin Lefevre
- The Art of Thinking Clearly – Rolf Dobelli
- Sway: The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior – Ori and Rom Brafman
- Market Mind Games – Denise Shull
- Trading Psychology 2.0 – Brett Steenbarger
- High Performance Trading – Steve Ward
- The Disciplined Trader – Mark Douglas
- Atomic Habits – James Clear
It should be a lot of reading to get you started! With so many great resources, you are sure to find something that affects your trading performance and trading mindset. The best books on trading psychology will be a well that keeps giving. With each re-reading, you will collect more and more.