The process of joining the Popular Investor program is to level up in levels. The Popular Investor program has four levels: Cadet, Champion, Elite and Elite Pro. Each level has its own requirements and advantages.
Step 1: Prepare the account information before registering Popular Investor eToro.
Before applying for the program, complete the requirements of your eToro profile:
- Create and verify your account
- Deposit at least 1000 usd into the account.
- Add an accurate profile picture of yourself.
- Share your real name on your profile via Settings.
- Write your trading strategy in the “Bio” area of your profile, describing how you trade with existing and potential copiers.
Step 2: Prepare transaction records before registration (Conditions for becoming Cadet level – Blue Star)
Once you have completed your account information, prepare your eToro account transaction records that meet the criteria below. It is the condition to become a Cadet Level. The cadet level is the first level. And eToro has not yet paid for this level.
- Transaction History: You have at least two months of trading history on your Statistics page
- Justice: The account has a minimum average net worth of $1,000
- The number of people copying: You’ve had an average of at least one copier verified in the last month.
- AUM: You had an average AUM of at least $500 for the previous month
- Risk: You must not have had a risk score above 6 in the six calendar months before joining the program
- Influence: You must not have open positions beyond the levers outlined in the responsible trading requirements.
- Profit: You must not have had a monthly loss of more than 30% in the previous six months (unless the market has suffered such a decline)
- Trading Position: You are not holding a position above 20%
- Other requirements: You are not copying other users or Smart Portfolios. And you regularly generate market insights on your news feed.
Step 3: Register for Popular Investor eToro
With the complete preparation in steps 1 and 2, you register for the Popular Investor program with eToro.
- Go to the Help category on the left side of the interface
- Click on Popular Investment Program and the interface will go to the registration page.
- Then, click Apply Now to register. Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully and confirm.
- After completing the registration, eToro sends a confirmation email and creates a support ticket in your account for this. eToro will announce the results after the review.
You must accept the responsible trading requirements for applying to the program.
Please note that eToro reserves the right to reject any candidate it deems unsuitable.
Remember that your eToro account has yet to meet the requirements of the Cadet level and beyond the following levels.
Conditions to become Champion level – Red Star
You will move to the Champion level if you meet the criteria below.
- Transaction history: You have been at cadet level for at least two months
- Justice: Your account has an average net worth of at least $5,000
- The number of people copying: You’ve had an average of at least ten verified copiers in the last month
- AUM: You had an average AUM of at least $50,000 for the previous month
- Certificate: You have completed the Marketing and Code of Conduct course (which will be issued shortly)
Popular Investors Champions receive a fixed payment of $400 per month ($800 if their AUM grew by at least 1% in the previous month).
Conditions to become Elite level – Green Star
If you meet the criteria below, you’ll move to Elite level:
- Transaction history: You have been at the Sample level for at least four months
- Justice: Your account has a net worth of at least $25,000
- AUM: You’ve had an average AUM of at least $500,000 in the last month
- Certificate: You have completed the investment management qualification
Popular Investor Elites receive a payment equal to 1.5% of their average annual AUM (2% of their AUM grew by at least 1% in the previous month).
Conditions to become elite pro level – Black Star
If you meet the following criteria, you’ll advance to Elite Pro level:
- Transaction history: You have been at Elite level for at least two months
- Justice: Your account has an average net worth of at least $50,000
- AUM: You’ve had an average AUM of at least $10,000,000 in the last month
- Certificate: You have completed the advanced investment management qualification
Elite Pro Popular Investors receive a payment equal to 2% of their average annual AUM (2.5% of their AUM grew by at least 1% in the previous month).
Quality of a Popular Investor
Finally, to succeed as a popular investor in eToro, you need to have some essential qualities. These are as follows:
- Be an excellent communicator with your photocopier and other investors in general.
- Have a good knowledge of the market in which you are trading and share this knowledge.
- Have your own investment strategy to seek profit.
- Manage your risk well. It is essential for traders and means not trading recklessly at high risk.
With these essential qualities and core values, you can do a lot to make the already rewarding popular eToro investor program even more beneficial to you and your future. in the industry.
eToro Popular Investor FAQ
To become a Popular Investor, do I need to have an eToro trading account?
Yes. By having your trading account, you can show your trading strategy. Getting copiers shows that other traders trust you to make trading decisions for them based on your performance.
What should I do if I was rejected when I applied for the Popular Investor?
Verify that your account has met the conditions set out in steps 1 and 2. Discuss this directly with the eToro staff member who is handling your issue. It is to clarify the reason for the refusal.
Fix the cause/error and register again.
What is the review time for the up/down rank?
Any change in levels occurs after popular investors’ monthly payments, which occur until the 10th of each month.
If I am downgraded, can I reactivate it?
Of course. As a Popular Investor, you can always return to a level you were in, as long as you meet the requirements. Note that you will need to spend the minimum time on one level.
What does responsible trading mean?
If other eToro users are copying you, you are passively managing other people’s funds, and eToro strongly encourages you to practice responsible trading at all times.
All eToro users can see your daily, weekly and monthly risk score. Your risk score serves as an indicator of how much their portfolio is at risk by copying you.
If you consistently achieve a risk score of 8 or higher, you may not be copied.
For Popular Investors, the maximum risk score allowed is 6.
A trader who wishes to become a Popular Investor must not have had a risk score above 6 in the two calendar months before joining the program. In addition, potential Popular Investors will not be accepted into the program if they have open positions exceeding the following levers:
- x30 for major currency pairs (e.g. EUR/USD)
- x20 for non-major currency pairs (such as EUR/NZD), gold and major indices
- x10 for commodities other than gold and non-major stock indices
- x5 for CFD and ETF shares
- x1 for cryptocurrencies.