Metatrader 4 (MT4) is an essential trading software for investors in the Forex market. Most brokers use MetaTrader 4 to help investors trade in the most convenient and fast way. In this article, you will learn how to download and install MT4 software for beginners.
1. What is MetaTrader 4?
Metatrader 4, also known as MT4, is a software (platform) that connects users and brokers (exchanges). It allows investors to trade financial investments such as forex, cryptocurrencies, stocks and indices.
The Metatrader 4 platform was developed and launched by MetaQuotes Software in 2005. It is the most popular platform on forex trading platforms today. This platform is loved because it integrates many technical indicator tools, helping investors to accurately identify and analyze market fluctuations.
In addition, MT4 also supports all PC, Macbook, mobile phone… devices that bring convenience to investors.
Key features of MetaTrader 4:
- Enables EA, built-in and customized indicators.
- It allows programs to run on the MT4 platform (also known as EAs, forex robots), used to automatically monitor or execute trades, search for signals with algorithms that traders have programmed.
- Indicators on MT4 are available and customizable such as order entry, cancellation, take profit and stop loss.
- A “Market Depth” feature allows you to control the liquidity of the market.
- The Market Prices feature provides real-time market quotes.
- Enables one-touch trading
- Fully integrated with popular technical indicators such as trendline, MACD, RSI, Stochastic, Fibonacci…
- Process a large number of orders at once.
- Allow traders to set custom indicators and different periods.
- Meta Trader 4 guarantees the secure and complete storage of all data.
- There is an internal email system to receive and exchange information.
- Hide your trading IP so you don’t worry about information theft.
2. Different Ways to Download MT4 for PC
You can fully download MetaTrader 4 (MT4) with many methods. Each broker usually has its own version of MetaTrader which serve mainly for their servers. With server parameters pre-installed, you no longer have to struggle to search for broker names.
There are two ways to download MetaTrader 4:
- Go to the official MetaTrader 4 homepage to download.
- Download MT4 from the broker with whom you registered a trading account. Each broker provides clients with a different version of MT4 available on the server, so that traders can download MT4 directly from the broker for convenience in accessing and trading.
3. How to Download MT4 for Windows
- Click HERE to install MT4 on Windows
- Install MT4 by double-clicking the downloaded installation file -> selecting “Run”.
- Click “Next” if you agree to the User License Agreement to continue.
- When the installation is complete, click “Finish” and the system will open MT4 automatically.
Then you have completed the process of downloading MT4 to your computer.
4. How to Install MT4 for Mac
- Click HERE to install MT4 on Mac.
- Double-click the downloaded installation file. Then, click on the word “MetaTrader4“ while holding down your mouse and drag to “Applications”, as shown below.
- Wait for the software installation to complete, click Open Software and click “Open” to use MT4 on your Mac.
5. How to download MT4 on pc for Linux
- Open the Software Center.
- Search for Wine and install it.
- Download MT4 for Linux.
- Run the MT4 installation file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install MT4.
- Launch MT4 and it will open automatically with Wine.
- If you have any problems booting MT4 with the Linux version, you need to install PlayOnLinux from the Software Center. This software will help your Linux operating system to boot the platform.
- Also, depending on the version of Linux, the Software Center may have a different name – for example, in Fedora, the Software Center is called “Software”. There are also alternative Windows emulators for Wine that you may have installed; PlayOnLinux, CrossOver and PlayOnMac are three alternatives that you can use in this tutorial.
- It is recommended to use the latest version of Wine for timely updates and keep the trading platform running smoothly.