If you want to see your new Optimism on MetaMask, here’s what to do.
The Ethereum Layer-2 Optimism network recently launched its highly anticipated Optimism Airdrop, allowing users to request free OP tokens.
Users can acquire these tokens to participate in the company’s basic decision-making protocols and earn attractive project incentives.
Along with that, users can also move these funds through major blockchains with the help of Optimism-MetaMask support.
Here’s how a user can add Optimism to the MetaMask wallet.
How to add Optimism to MetaMask?
In addition to transferring funds from OpenSea to Metamask, the Ethereum-based crypto wallet can facilitate different transfers and movements of funds on all central blockchains. In fact, this is why adding Optimism to MetaMask is slightly different from adding a new cryptocurrency or custom token to MetaMask. It’s his network. Here’s how you can add Optimism to your MetaMask wallet.
- Download and install MetaMask.
- Click the icon at the top and click ethereum mainnet.
- Tap on it to see the scroll down options where multiple EVM blockchains are displayed.
- Click Custom RPC
- Fill in the data as follows:
- Network name: Optimism
- New RPC URL: https://mainnet.optimism.io
- ChainID: 10
- Symbol: ETH
- Block Explorer URL: https://optimistic.ethereum.io
- Click Save and complete the process.
And that’s it! You should now be able to see the Optimism tokens in your MetaMask account, although it may take some time for this to happen once it occurs.