We show you how to open a new eToro account to start trading in just two steps.
We also answered some questions related to account registration on eToro.
Open a new account on eToro
Step 1: Go to www.eToro.com.
Step 2: Enter the registration information in the right column. Registration information includes:
- Username: Set according to preferences (note that the username cannot be changed after registration)
- Email: Your email address
- Password: Enter the password you want to set for the account
- Tick the box “I accept the Terms and Conditions of eToro UK Ltd.
Note: Send information via email that has never been registered for an eToro account before.
Then, click the Create Account button to complete. Wait a few moments for the system to create an account, log in automatically and log in to the trading platform
After creating an account, you should start learning about the eToro interface and trading with a virtual wallet before investing with real money.
Answer questions about your eToro account
1. Why verify your eToro account?
Verification of your trading account is necessary to provide you with the best possible service and comply with financial services regulations. Your information is always kept private and used only for compliance purposes. According to eToro’s new rules, if your account is not verified, it must:
- Do not trade orders with real portfolios
- Do not copy trades with virtual wallets
- The maximum amount of money deposited into the eToro account is only 2000 Euro (equivalent to more than 2000 usd)
- You can’t withdraw money on your own, but you need to contact eToro for assistance
2. Is it possible to change the username?
eToro does not provide a username editing feature. However, you can request to close your existing account and open a new account with a new username and a different email address.
Please note that by doing so, your account will be permanently closed and cannot be reopened. You will also lose your entire transaction history and current statistics, and you will have to rebuild your wallet.
The phone number and email of the closed account registration cannot be used for the new account.
3. How do I change my account information?
To make changes to your account information, please contact eToro by opening a ticket and filling out the information at the Customer Support Center. In addition, you should also note that:
- Let’s say you want to change your registered email address or phone number. In that case, eToro will call you and ask you some security questions. Confirm your phone number and specify a convenient time interval in which you can receive calls.
- If you wish to change your postal address, please attach an updated proof of your address document.
- If you wish to change the name or date of birth of your account, please provide a valid ID.
- eToro’s customer service team is available to guide you through the next steps needed to change your account information.
Above is a simple 2-step guide to open an eToro account. To trade real wallets on eToro, you need to follow the steps below to complete your profile and verify your account.
See the instructions to complete your profile and verify your account.