The phone number is used to sign in to Binance or for two-factor authentication of the user’s account. However, for some reason, users need to change the phone number registered with Binance. The following article shows two easy ways to change your phone number.
Why change your Binance account phone number?
There are many different reasons why users are forced to change their phone numbers. Some of the most common causes include:
- The user wants to switch to a new phone number
- Users lose access to the old phone number registered with Binance (due to sim lock, lost phone …)
How significant is the phone number linking the Binance account?
The phone number helps users access their account in addition to the method of accessing via email or QR code.
In addition, account security is an essential requirement for crypto accounts. One of the 2FA security methods for Binance accounts is to use SMS verification codes. SMS authentication is not the most secure method, but there is an extra layer of security that makes your Binance account even more secure.
How to change Binance account phone number?
Similar to changing Binance’s email, there are two ways to change the phone that Binance SMS receives, depending on whether the user no longer owns the phone number.
If you still have a phone number and are still receiving SMS, you need to log in to your account and change your account phone number securely. The details are as follows:
Log in to your Binance account. If you do not have a Binance account or want to open a new account, register using the link below:
On the home page, go to Account Management and select [Security]
On the Security page, select [Edit] under [Verify phone number], and then click [Confirm].
- Enter the new phone number, click [Get Code], and enter the code sent to SMS with the unique phone number in the [New Phone Number Verification Code] box.
- Continue to enter the code sent to your old phone number, email, and Google Authenticator application in the corresponding empty boxes.
- Then click [Submit] to confirm.
If you no longer have the old phone number to receive the code, click [Security verification not available?]
Check the address box of the old phone number and click [Confirm Restore].
- Enter the security code in the Google Authenticator app and fill in the [Authenticator code] box
- Click [Get Code] to receive the code sent to your email and enter the blank [Email Verification Code] box
- Select [Send]
- Next, enter the new phone number and click [Get Code] and enter the security code sent to the unique phone number. Then, click [Reset Now].
- Users may need to answer security questions or perform facial verification to confirm their identity. Follow the step-by-step instructions to complete the required verification process.
- The user must face verification if the account has completed intermediate verification (level 2). Click to scan the QR code or click [Use PC to verify] to run the process.
- After completing, click [I completed this on my phone] and wait for Binance to approve the request.
How to change your phone number when you can’t sign in to your Binance account
In some cases, users cannot access their Binance account but want to change their old phone number. In the login window, enter your phone number and login password. In the next window, click [Security verification not available?].
In the next window, check the box with the old phone number address and click [Confirm Restore] and follow the exact instructions as above.
How to change Binance phone number on phone?
Similar to when running on a computer, to change the phone number address on your phone, do the following: Sign in to the Binance app, then sign in to your personal account management and select [Security]
- Click [SMS Authenticator], select [Change SMS Authenticator] and click [Continue]
- Like your computer, enter your new phone number, press [Send Code], and enter the security code sent to your unique phone number.
- Take the code in the other 2-level security methods in turn and fill in the corresponding empty box. Then click [Submit]
- If the user can’t access their old phone number, select [Security Verification Not Available] and follow the same steps on your computer.
Some important notes when changing phone number on Binance
- After making a phone number change on the Binance account, withdrawals, transactions and payments are blocked for 24 hours to ensure the safety of users.
- The user cannot change the new phone number to the old phone number for 30 days after making the change.
- The new phone number must be an unused unique number to register for another Binance account.
- If the process of changing your phone number is complicated, contact Binance Support for instructions.
Although changing phone numbers can be annoying for users. However, if unusual activity is detected, users must change their phone number to ensure the security of the account. In addition, if the old phone number is no longer in use or cannot be logged in, users must also update the new phone number to prevent the resources in their Binance account from being stolen.