According to a new article by Theta’s Thought Leadership, the film industry is starting to explore the potential of blockchain and Web3 technology, with some filmmakers using non-fungible tokens (NFTs) to monetize niche content offerings and build communities. Directors like Julie Pacino and Miguel Faus have successfully used NFT to finance their projects, and initiatives like Film3 aim to provide a fairer platform
for underrepresented voices.
Table of Contents:
Theta Price Prediction 2023: Is THETA Coin a Good Investment?
Theta Network is a blockchain platform for decentralized video streaming. The platform combines blockchain technology with video streaming to create a unique platform that even incentivizes content viewers to share their processing resources and bandwidth
The goal of Theta Network is to create a decentralized video streaming network using blockchain technology. In addition, the platform incentivizes video viewers to share bandwidth resources
It introduces the concept of peer-to-peer streaming that focuses on the timely delivery of video and audio content. Thus, the capacity of the entire system increases when more peer nodes are available. In addition, it tends to increase the robustness of the system due to its decentralization
Here are the use cases for THETA tokens:
- THETA coins can be used to incentivize the Theta blockchain to encourage users to stream videos on the platform.
- THETA tokens can be earned by viewers in the form of engagement rewards.
- Users can reward their favorite content creators using THETA coins.
- Viewers can contribute their devices as ‘capture nodes’ to provide any video stream to viewers around the world and earn THETA tokens in return.
- THETA token holders can participate in the governance of the platform through voting mechanisms.
- Users can stake their THETA coins to protect the platform. In return, they get rewards
- THETA tokens are used to pay transaction fees on the network.
In addition, the global video streaming market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.4% by the end of 2030, according to reports. It means that Theta Network can also grow as the sector grows. Furthermore, the market is not grouped with similar blockchain platforms that aim to provide these types of use cases in video streaming, which means that the THETA coin can grow under
favorable market conditions.
Theta Network is a video technology partner (such as WPT, Cinedigm, GFuel, Failarmy, Shout Factor, Con TV and The Pet Collective), media and technology partners (Samsung, Sony, Google, CAA), Blockchain partners (Binance, Blockchain.com, Replay) and institutional investors (DHVC, GFRFund, Heuristic Capital and Sierra ventures).
Theta vs Livepeer
Theta and Livepeer are both blockchain-based projects that aim to create a decentralized video streaming network. However, there are some notable differences between the two
- Theta Network is based on a Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism, while Livepeer uses a hybrid Proof-of-Work and Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism.
- Partnership: Theta has established partnerships with several companies, including Samsung VR, Pandora and MGM, while Livepeer focuses mainly on providing infrastructure for transcoding and decentralized video processing.
- Market position: Theta has been around longer and has a larger market capitalization than Livepeer.
- Tokenomics: Theta’s token allocation includes an insider share of 20% (Team + Partner) and 36.3% in Theta Lab Reserves, which some investors may find worrying. In contrast, Livepeer has a more decentralized token allocation, with no more than 10% of tokens assigned
to a single group.
Overall, Theta is a moderate investment
Theta Price Prediction: Can THETA Coin reach $100?
The THETA coin must grow by about 88.5 times compared to its current market price, to reach a price level of $100.
In addition, the all-time highest price of the THETA token is $14.24, which it reached in April 2021. Note that the THETA coin has grown about 19.5 times in just four months (i.e., from its lowest price of $0.73 in December 2020). Thus, it grew about 4.9 times in a month
Therefore, to reach $100, the THETA coin will need about 18 months (1.5 years).
However, it could take even longer due to changes in the macro and microeconomic conditions of the market.
Theta Price Prediction 2023: Will THETA reach 1000 dollars?
To reach a price level of $1000, the THETA token needs to grow 884.9 times its current market value.
In addition, we discussed that the THETA token took four months to grow by 19.5 to reach its all-time highest value. Therefore, considering its 4.9-fold growth in a month, we can say that the THETA token will need a minimum of 180 months (just over 15 years) to reach a price level of $1000.
Again, the price of THETA may vary slightly depending on the market conditions of that period. However, it’s not completely impossible for the THETA token to reach $1000 in the future, even if it won’t reach that
THETA Price Prediction: Can THETA reach 10,000?
Let’s analyze if the THETA token can reach $10,000 or less. Therefore, the THETA coin requires it to grow by about 8,849 times to reach a price level of $10,000
Considering its 4.9-fold growth in a month, the THETA coin will need at least 1,805 months (about 150 years) to reach $10,000.
Therefore, it is not practical first and secondly, the price could also be affected by market conditions.
So, we can’t expect the THETA token to reach $10,000 in the future.
THETA Coin Price Prediction 2023, 2025 and 2030
- The 2023 Theta Price prediction is $1.94
- Theta Price Prediction 2025 is $3.66
- Theta Price Prediction 2030 is $16.01
How to buy THETA tokens?
Theta tokens can be purchased in three simple steps, as indicated below:
- In the first phase, users are required to create an account on one of the crypto exchanges (on which they purchase THETA tokens).
- The second is to choose a payment method (for example, using fiat currency or cryptocurrencies).
- The final step is to make the swap and buy the THETA tokens directly. These tokens can then be stored on a suitable crypto wallet
Where can I buy THETA?
THETA tokens can be purchased on a number of major centralized crypto exchanges including Binance, KuCoin, OKX, Huobi, Crypto.com, Gate.io, Bybit, Bithumb, and Bitfinex.