The financial market is constantly volatile and no one can accurately predict its trend. In addition, traders cannot spend all day monitoring the amount of trading losses or profits and then manually closing a trade.
In this situation, the most effective solution is to set take profit & stop loss orders for all operations to ensure the safety of your capital.
How to set the stop loss, profit for new trading orders on Capital.com?
1. After entering the trading size, in the “Close at a loss” and “Close at profit” tabs, drag the mouse to the right to activate these two functions.
2. Here, you can set Stop loss and Take profit by amount, distance or price level.
3. Finally, click the “Buy” button to complete.
In case the market is closed, the button displayed is “Place limit order”.
- The stop-loss order will take effect when the amount of the loss is equal to the predetermined stop-loss. For a buy order, the stop-loss price will be lower than the current market price. In contrast, the stop-loss price will be higher than the current market price for a sell order.
- The take-profit order will be activated automatically when the order is profitable and reaches the previously set price. For a buy order, the take profit will be higher than the current market price. Conversely, with a sell order, the take profit will be lower than the current market price.
How to set stop loss and take profit for open trades?
To set stop loss and take profit for open trades, follow these instructions below:
1. Click “Portfolio” on the left side of the screen.
Here you can manage your trading orders. Open orders will be displayed in the “Positions” tab. Pending orders are shown in the “Orders” tab.
2. Select the trade you want to set Take profit and Stop-loss and click “Add” in the “Close at Loss” and “Close at Profit” columns.
3. Adjust these parameters in the trading window on the right.
Finally, click “Update Location” to complete.
So we showed you how to set stop loss (Stop loss), take profit (Take profit) orders on the Capital.com platform. I hope this article is useful to you. Good luck!