How to Find MetaMask’s Secret Phrase?
The integration of the OpenSea metamask has opened the doors for NFT enthusiasts to purchase NFT in addition to using the MetaMask wallet as a simple tool for transferring cryptocurrencies from one place to another.
But there are times when you can easily forget their secret metamask phrase, which can put users in a bit of trouble.
A MetaMask seed phrase is a series of simple words that a user must keep safe for the times they accidentally forget the login password.
But what should the user do when he can’t even remember his MetaMask seed phrase?
This means that a user is prevented from accessing several MetaMask services, including transfers from MetaMask to PancakeSwap and access to the MetaMask NFT feature.
To avoid situations like these, a user must follow the instructions mentioned below to retrieve his MetaMask seed phrase.
How to find the MetaMask seed phrase
To find your MetaMask seed phrase, a user must:
- Open MetaMask from its app to access MetaMask by accessing the MetaMask chrome extension.
- Click on the security and privacy option
- Click “Reveal Recovery Phrase”.
- Enter your password to confirm and write the recovery phrase.
- You cannot take a screenshot of the recovery phrase. So it is often recommended to write the recovery phrase in a notebook (in the prescribed way) and store it in a safe place.
How to change your MetaMask seed phrase?
According to the guidelines issued by the MetaMask team, a user cannot edit their Metamask seed phrase.
However, they are free to create a different account and transfer tokens from their existing account to the new one.
In this way, they will be assigned a new recovery phrase that they can save or write for recovery purposes in the future.
MetaMask Seed Phrase not working?
The MetaMask seed phrase is generated sequentially. A user must keep the sequence aligned when entering the initialization phrase to avoid errors.
When you get a MetaMask seed error that doesn’t work, here are some things you need to check to make sure your seed phrase is entered correctly into the wallet database.
- Check if the 12-word seed phrase has been inserted sequentially.
- Check if the seed phrase has an incorrect spelling.
- In addition, it is worth checking that your seed phrase does not have irregular spaces in the middle.
- If you still receive the invalid seed phrase error. You should contact MetaMask customer support here.