If you have an idea on how to customize charts however you like, follow the guide below. After reading this guide you will be able to:
- Change chart properties in MetaTrader 4
- Add markers/drawing tools to the chart
- Arrange charts
How to Change Chart Colors in MT4
The appearance of the MT4 chart is easily customizable. You can easily change its color and the colors of its elements.
To change the color of the MT4 chart:
- Right-clickk anywhere on the chart and select “Properties” from the menu.
Alternatively, you can press F8 to open the “Properties” window.
- In this window, you will see two tabs: Colors and Common. The Colors tab is used to change the colors of the chart. You can change the color scheme or set the colors of individual items by clicking the arrow next to them.
- Click OK to complete the change.
How to Change Additional Settings in MT4 Chart
Other settings can be made on the Common tab. When you click on the “Common” tab, you can change the chart configuration and add some features listed below:
- Offline Chart – Allows you to do research and analysis without subsequent price updates. These charts are very useful for working with non-standard titles or periods.
- Featured Chart: When this option is selected, the chart appears in the foreground, while all drawings are displayed in the background.
- Chart Navigation: Provides white space to the right of the chart. Move the image to the left to make room on the right
- Chart Auto Scroll: Automatically moves the chart when new candles/bars appear.
- One-to-one scale correction and scale correction: Sets the graph between a minimum and maximum value. It is best to keep this option unchecked.
- Switch between chart types (bar chart, candlestick chart, or line chart).
- OHLC Exhibition – Open, High, Low and Close Exhibition in the upper left corner.
- Show Ask Line: Displays the ask price.
- Show period separators – Period separators (for example, the H4 time interval graph shows weekly period separators).
- Show grid – Show grid on graph
- Show Volumes: The volume of trades is shown.
- Show object descriptions: When text/trend lines and other drawing tools are added to the chart, object descriptions are displayed.
How to add graphical indicators and drawing tools
The MT4 platform offers various indicators and drawing tools for technical analysis so that traders make better decisions and trade more effectively.
Indicators or drawing tools can be added to the chart by clicking Insert indicators > or drawing objects (lines, channels, gann, etc.) just below. Then you will see the list of selections offered by MT4.
In addition, you can use the drawing tools available in the toolbar for faster access.
How to organize charts
If you open multiple charts in your trading platform, you can easily organize them by clicking Window in the main menu, then choose your preferred chart layout type.
MT4 provides you with different charting tools, and you can easily edit the chart according to your needs. So, if you meet your customization, you should save a chart template on MetaTrader 4 with your preferred settings for quick reference for the future.