Axie Infinity is a blockchain-based game where players can fight, collect, and build digital empires for their pets. The game is like Pokémon and Tamagotchi in that it uses non-fungible tokens (NFTs) to represent unique creatures, abilities, land textures, and other in-game resources. This coin has established itself as a leader in non-fungible token games (NFTs), in which the AXIE creature is represented by the NFT in the game.
This game runs on a play-to-earn business model where a player can start this game for free and then get paid to add new features and content.
Axie Infinity Token (AXS) use cases
Axie Infinity Shards (AXS) and
- Small Love Potion (SLP) are the two in-game currencies that are critical to the Axie Play-to-Earn environment, and cryptocurrency investors can trade AXS and SLPs on various exchanges.
- There is no age verification process to play this game, but this game is rated as 18+. When you sign up for a crypto wallet to exchange it, the eligibility is 18+.
- There was a risk of a drop in the price of this token during Covid-19. But in the Philippines, many workers have turned to gambling as a source of income. This drove demand for the token and rose from $2 to around $160.
- Axie Infinity has about 0.74 million players worldwide. It has become famous as a play-to-earn game that allows players in developing countries such as the Philippines, Vietnam, and Brazil to earn real money.
AXIE INFINITY Competitors
Each Axie is a cryptocurrency or unique digital token secured on the Ethereum blockchain network.
- – ZED RUN is a digital horse racing game also built on the Ethereum blockchain. Z Run allows you to breed, buy and sell digital horses by producing NFT horses, often referred to as “NFT respirators”.
- CRYPTOKITTIES: – It is also an NFT game that started in 2017 and is still going strong today. The focus of the game is on collecting and breeding digital kittens. Depending on the rarity and quality of cats you get, you may be able to sell them at absurdly high rates.
- SORARE: – Sorare is a fantasy football game. Where you can exchange tokenized player cards in the Ethereum network. You can resell these cards as digital or cryptographic collectibles.
These are some of AXIE Infinity’s strongest competitors. Besides these Godschen, F1delta Time, Splinter Lands, Lost Relaxes, The Six Dragons, etc.
HOW IS AXIE INFINITY DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
AXIE Infinity uses blockchain cost-effective design to reward its players for their great performance.
- While other blockchain games – such as Evolution Land and Gods Unchained – have a specific niche market, Axie Infinity has attracted people of different age groups from all over the world.
- The developers say their game presented people with a unique income stream during the pandemic. Many Axie Infinity players are previous generations who were not familiar with blockchain technology before they started playing.
- The popularity of Pokémon Go is comparable to Axie Infinity, from which it drew inspiration. However, it has given the game an economic importance that other games have yet to achieve.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AXIE INFINITY
AND AXIE INFINITY FRAGMENTS
- Infinity Shards (AXS) is an ERC20 governance token for the Axie universe, introduced by AXIE INFINTY in early 2021. It became the first game managed and owned by its player.
- AXS holders can wager their tokens, participate in governance voting, and play games. The developers say that the Axie Infinity Shards will help achieve the following goals:
- Reward players for their interactions with the game and encourage them to keep their tokens to win more prizes. Decentralize governance and game ownership